Thursday, August 20, 2009

Please Pray

My grandfather is sick. Correction - my grandfather is gravely ill and needs your prayers. He has been told by doctors in Sioux Falls that he is in the final stages of congestive heart failure. Both his cardiologist and pulmonologist say there is nothing more they can do. He has decided to get a second opinion from the Mayo Clinic in Rochester if they accept his case. My mom, grandma and grandpa will head to Mayo on Monday if they accept him.

If Mayo concludes the same outcome, he will accept they've done everything they can. Please pray for a safe trip for my mom and grandparents. Please pray for answers, whatever they may be. Please pray for my grandfather's comfort and peace in the hope he has as little pain as possible for the remainder of this journey.

He is not ready to go. He told my mom yesterday he still has unfinished business. He wants to plant another garden, fish, and watch his great-grandsons Skyler and Little Rip (what he calls Torin) grow up.

Little Rip wants that too, Grandpa. We all do.

5 comments:

Cindy said...

Carrie & Family - I will keep you all in my prayers especially your grandfather! Hopefully they will be able to tell him something hopeful at his appointment, if not, may he have a peaceful journey a head of him. Many Many Hugs!!

Love,
Cindy & Miss Kaitlyn

Anne Atherton said...

I got teary reading this post...the Atherton's definately have your grandpa and the rest of your family in our prayers...it is so hard to go through this so far away. It definately brings back memories.....

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. You will all be in our thoughts and prayer!
Sarah, Jason & Kayla

Tom and Laura said...

Carrie,
You and your family are in my prayers!!! I've been your shoes and really stinks! Mayo is a wonderful place (they saved my dad's life!). Here's to lots more gardens, fishing trips, and time with the great-grandsons!

Laura

~ Maria ~ said...

Carrie,

I am so sorry you and your family are dealing with this. I know very personally how loss can affect you. Spend as much time together, take pics, videos...you will want them later. Also, please invest in a "Granfather Remembers" book if you can find one. It was the one thing i regret with my mom, because once they are gone...you will only have memories.

I am praying for you and your family nightly. I hope your Grandfather has a peaceful time if it is truly his time to go.