Thursday, February 4, 2010

20 Week OB Appointment

Today I am 20 weeks...officially half way through this pregnancy! WAHOO! I am actually over half way there since they will be delivered between 37 and 38 weeks if I make it that far. I have officially gained 13 pounds in these 20 weeks which isn't bad considering my belly is measuring at 29 weeks pregnant. That's right...if I had one baby in here I'd be 29 weeks along already. YIKES! I knew this belly was growing, but didn't realize I was 9 weeks ahead already. Both baby girl and baby boy sound wonderful...baby girl's heart rate was 145 and baby boy's heart rate was 150. I am having some issues with this pregnancy. I have been in a battle with anemia since the beginning of this pregnancy and right now anemia is winning. My OB has decided to take me off the iron supplements I was on and get me on some prescription iron ASAP. I will try those out twice a day (along with my prenatal vitamin) for the next month and have a bunch of blood work done again before my 24 week appt. and ultrasound. They will draw another CBC, iron panel and hemoglobin check to make sure there isn't another issue they might be missing. I am scheduled for my next ultrasound and appointment on March 5th. The anemia is really getting to me. Saying I'm exhausted at this point is an understatement. I also have low blood pressure so that isn't helping the situation today anyway.
Overall, the OB said I've got two very healthy babies with the best twin pregnancy case scenario. They are in their own sacs and have their own placentas which is awesome. She said now we have to get Mommy healthy so these babies can make it in me till June. I'll be working hard at that!
Oh, I also requested that June 7th be a possible delivery day since all of us have sevens in our birthdays. I will be 37 weeks 4 days if I make it that far. She put it on her calendar right then and there and said that was the day and an awesome goal to have for myself if I can get there. So here's to June 7, 2010, as baby delivery day...HOPEFULLY!

3 comments:

~ Maria ~ said...

I am so glad mama and babies are all doing so well. I have also had issues with anemia, and luckily they are catching yours soon. Not to worry, it's an easy problem to fix in the grand scheme of things.

Here is to June 7, may you have an uneventful time before, during, and after that day!

Hannigan Family said...

the 17th would be even better giving them both a little time to cook

The Chapman's said...

Congrats Carrie! June 7th is my husband's birthday. :) I'm glad you are doing well!