Monday, May 23, 2011

Making Birthday Cupcakes

We decided white and chocolate cupcakes with pink and blue frosting were the perfect dessert for the twins' first birthday party.  It was a lot of work and I needed to find the perfect assistant.  But where could I find someone on such short notice?  He/She would have to inspect the ingredients, you see, to make sure everything tasted okay for the guests at the party.
 And lucky for me, Torin volunteered graciously to help me out with this daunting task.
 He checked the batter.  "Good, Mom."  (I took a minute break to give a dose of Benadryl here as Torin and egg are not the best of friends.)
 He stirred the frosting and made sure it wasn't expired. Yep, that tasted okay as well.
 I went to work and frosted all of the pink cupcakes first.
I moved on to the blue frosting and was about to begin when all of a sudden my assistant cried out, "Wait, Mom!  I better check the blue frosting too just to be sure it is safe."  What a life saver that assistant of mine was for cupcake making.  I think the guests really enjoyed the cupcakes and the twins loved their present from their big brother.  They each ate two cupcakes on their birthday.  Thanks my dear assistant.  I couldn't have done it without you!

****All cupcake testing was done without touching the ACTUAL batter and frosting used on the guests' cupcakes! :) ****

No comments: