Thursday, January 8, 2009

5 month letter

My dearest Torin,

Yesterday you turned 5 months old and I had tears in my eyes wondering where my infant has gone. You have grown into your own little person now with a wonderful personality. As long as your eczema is under control you are the happiest baby Mommy and Daddy could ask for. Last night I watched in awe as you and Daddy cooked dinner together in the kitchen. You were giggling and laughing at him and it melted my heart to know how much of a bond the two of you have created together already.

You have conquered so many milestones recently. You can sit up pretty well on your own already. You can balance yourself from side to side, but still need work on not falling backwards when you get excited. We are still working on the rolling over task. Mommy and Daddy both know you can do it, but I know now that you won't do anything until you feel a need. You are eating two meals a day now. Cereal in the morning and veggies at night. You've taken to sweet potatoes very well and we are trying squash for the first time tonight. You LOVE food! You weigh 17 pounds now and are about 25 1/4 inches in length. Your sleep habits have improved dramatically. You are only up one time a night now and it has made Mommy and Daddy so happy to get more sleep. We hope in the next month you are sleeping through the night.

You absolutely love Cooper! The dog is the best thing in the world to you right now. You love to play, laugh, and grab at him. He does a pretty good job with you, but we can tell he gets tired of you sometimes since you want to be around him ALL the time.

These past five months have gone so fast. I cannot wait to see the changes in you in the next couple of months and be able to share in all of your milestones. Mommy and Daddy are so blessed to have you and we couldn't imagine life without you. I am proud of many accomplishments in my life and have many titles...teacher, wife, daughter, colleague, friend, etc. but none of them match being called a Mother. I couldn't be more proud to be your Mommy and love you more than words can express.

All my love,

Mommy

1 comment:

Cindy said...

YAY Torin - I can't believe you are 5 months old. I am still hoping one day we can all meet up, and to see you and Kaitlyn together! It will be soooo cute. I swear, you and Kaitlyn will be a cute couple if I do say so myself. Although... I know there is some heavy competition. You are such a cute lil boy, and I know you have brought much happiness in your mommy & daddy's life...and for that, I thank you!! Hugs.
Cindy & Miss Kaitlyn