Friday, March 7, 2008

Bottling Day!

Well, Thursday was bottling day for my first batch of home brew. Things seemed to go pretty smooth, but I guess I won't know for a couple more weeks when I can test these things.
We had to transfer all the beer from the fermentor into the bottling bucket using a siphon.
This not only made bottling easier, but mixes in the finishing sugars we had to add at this point. In this photo, the bottling bucket is on the cooler, and I am filling the bottles.
After filling the bottles, Sean had to cap them using sanitized beer caps. It was a pretty efficient oporation.

Now, instead of a bucket of beer in my closet, I have cases of beer in my closet! (which is pretty interesting to coop) I have to let them condition and break down the finishing sugars to produce carbonation for about 2 weeks.

No comments: