Monday, January 11, 2010

16 weeks

As of today I am 16 weeks 4 days along in this pregnancy. I am feeling much better these days as far as nausea goes. I still am pretty tired by the evening and the lower back pain is kicking in already...I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact I'm carrying around a 26 lb. little boy????!!!! I've gained 8 lbs thus far and now have to have my bloodwork and glucose/diabetes check done in the next couple of weeks. Our last appointment was on Friday when I was 16 weeks 1 day along. Here are the stats...
Baby A is above and looking very healthy. He/She is measuring 16 weeks 3 days and weighs 6 ounces.
Baby B is the bigger twin at this point measuring 16 weeks 6 days and also weighing 6 ounces.

Above is a photo of both heads. They are still in their own sacs, but now the OB isn't sure they have their own placentas. We will be having a high definition ultrasound on January 26 in Fort Collins to determine if they share a placenta or not. We will also get a good look at genders at that point. We have an idea as to what genders the babies are now, but have decided not to say anything until we know for certain what each of them are.
If all goes well, we will have a scheduled c-section between 37 and 38 weeks which puts us at the first week of June. I'll have Paul take a belly picture in the next couple of days so you can see how big I am already. Our next OB appt. is Feb. 4.

1 comment: