Monday, May 24, 2010

Together Again

Monday Update: The twins are now 5 days old and doing very well. Today is a huge milestone for them. They are now in the same bed together for the first time since they came out of me last Wednesday. Both Ella and Logan are on a very low amount of oxygen yet. It is mostly for when they get into their deep sleeps their O2 stats drop some. Other than the oxygen, food tube, and a foot wire that monitors their heart rate and O2, they have no more tubes and wires connected to them at all! YES! They also gained weight for the first time yesterday which is HUGE! So the next goal is for both babies to continue to increase their feedings and gain weight and take all of their feedings from the bottle vs. needing the feeding tube. The feeding tube isn't used for either that often...they only get it if they don't hit their CC amount for the feeding or day. Today Logan's goals are 54 CCs every three hours and Ella's are 49 CCs every three hours. I also get to try and nurse Logan for the first time today. I am VERY excited about this as pumping is just not the same as nursing them.
I was able to hold both of them together for the first time today. What a precious moment.
Yes, I still am that pale. I am very anemic yet and working toward healing myself after the surgery. I was released officially from the hospital yesterday afternoon, but still have a room on the floor to stay in until the babies come home. I went home last night and gave Torin some much needed Mommy time. We are all trying to figure out a good balancing act of being at the hospital and at home so Torin gets his time too.
We are so unbelievably blessed to have the twins doing so well at this point. We hope this continues so we can bring them home in the next couple of weeks. It has been a rough 24 hours for us. Torin got the flu on Friday and now Paul and my Mom both have it last night and today. So I'm running this operation right now 5 days post-op. Exhaustion and stress don't even begin to describe where we are at right now. Hopefully we can get over this hurdle, get everyone healthy so that we are set once these babies come home. Thank you everyone for your continued support and prayers for our family. Keep them coming as we feel them from all over the country.

5 comments:

Cindy said...

So happy to see them back together. I'm sure they will thrive even more rapidly now that they are back together again. So sorry to hear everyone is sick... I hope you all are able to fight it off before they come home. You look amazing even your paleness is beautiful. I'm just amazed they are already 5 days old. Prayers still coming your way!!! Love you!

~ Maria ~ said...

Congrats again Bartmann's! The twins look amazing, and so do you Carrie! I am just so grateful that God was watching over you and the twins, and that everyone is progressing so well. I get teary eyed seeing you with those two babies together, it makes me want to hold mine together too! Please try to enjoy these amazing moments as they will be big and changing right before your eyes. Make sure you all rest, especially you! The Weesner's love you all and we are praying for you. Hugs to Ella, Logan, and kisses to T as he is going to be an amzing big brother!

David and Nile said...

Carrie - you are doing such an amazing job! I hope Paul, your mom and Torin all feel better soon! The babies are just so adorable! How neat that they're able to be back together again - they must love that! Big hugs to all 5 of you!

Unknown said...

Wow! So much for your countdown to June for a delivery date. Ella and Logan are beautiful. Sorry to hear everyone is sick, but hope they are feeling better soon. Let me know if you need anything. I have lots of free time now that school is out!

Suzanne

Tara Luettel said...

Carrie I just read your birth story and got caught up and I am so glad God was with you and your wonderful family that day! What a scary experience for the both of you but I am so glad they are here and well and you are doing better! They are so precious and look so great! You look wonderful for all you have been through also! I will continue to think of you and keep you all in my thoughts and prayers!